With the advent of mobile devices and artificial intelligence (AI), industries have been transforming and in recent years we have witnessed major technological advances such as IoT (Internet of Things) or cloud computing, among others. Hence, the need and importance of incorporating solutions such as Robotic Process Automation in the Contact Center.
These technological advances that organizations are experiencing are also transforming customer services. Nowadays, what prevails is the immediacy of the answers and where the robotic automation of processes (RPA) has an increasingly relevant role.
In this context, we observe that the daily tasks that are carried out in a Contact Center, on many occasions are repetitive and can be automated to obtain better results. The automation of processes provides organizations with new functionalities such as:
- The possibility of interacting with users at any time.
- Offering a 24X7 service
- Reducing time and investment in training
- Cost reduction of up to 75%.
In addition, betting on RPA has proven to have several advantages, since it provides a consistently good experience, has an error rate close to 0%, and considerably reduces waiting times, thus improving customer satisfaction.
Implementing RPA in the contact center
The installation of RPA technology is relatively straightforward, as it is a ready-to-use automation technology solution. It can be connected directly to existing systems. In fact, most RPA software programs do not require coding for programming. It usually plugs directly into the contact center’s existing work processes, reducing costs as well as dependency on the IT department.
For the implementation of an RPA system in the Contact Center to be easy, we must take into account 5 aspects when choosing a bot to automate certain tasks:
- Definition: establish the tasks that our bot will have to manage and based on that make the configuration. If it is an open or closed domain, in which channels it will be present or if it will have long or short conversations, are some of the aspects that must be previously defined. For example, if it is a conversational chatbot, it must include more vocabulary, enough to be able to start a conversation with the user. On the other hand, if it is a transactional bot, it does not need to know a specific language. It only needs to guide the user to perform specific actions.
- Identification: the company must identify the volume of interactions that are usually registered in its channels to take into account the number of requests that will have to be handled by the chatbot.
- Platform: once the bot’s function has been defined, it is necessary to choose the appropriate platform to develop it. Some of them are Google DialogFlow, IBM Watson Conversation, Amazon Lex or Chatfuel, ManyChat, ChatScript, or Pandorabots, among others.
- Installation: when our bot is already developed, it must be implemented for its start-up. The system must be able to correctly manage all communications.
- Maintenance: once the bot is activated, it is necessary to review the interaction history in order to improve it and adjust it, if necessary, to new customer demands.
Advantages of an RPA in a Contact Center
With the implementation of RPA processes in a Contact Center, we are not talking about replacing people. The objective is to make life easier for agents in their jobs. Although this is one of the most important advantages, there are many others, for example:
– Freeing up agents: as mentioned above, RPAs can perform simple and repetitive tasks that can fatigue Contact Center staff. They can also perform these tasks quickly, tirelessly and accurately. This allows the agent to focus on tasks that require human strengths such as intelligence or reasoning.
– Daily and continuous service: the system is active 24/7 so they can resolve customer queries at any time.
– Support for agents: in addition to relieving them of more burdensome tasks, they can also help and support them by analyzing customer information. And at the same time they can suggest various actions to manage the interaction with the customer.
– Time optimization of queries: thanks to the machine-agent binomial, Contact Center queries are usually handled quickly and efficiently.
– Increased quality: the RPA attends to the customer’s query and from the beginning of the interaction knows or can intuit the reason for the call. Having the history of previous records and thus offering a better experience.
Smooth and satisfying customer experience
Today’s users and customers demand seamless experiences, personalized service, and on-time delivery. New technologies and RPA solutions help meet these needs. They are able to resolve consumer issues faster and smarter. They also make the best information available to the user, on the right channel, at the right time. As a result, organizations obtain better business results by offering an efficient service and increasing customer satisfaction.
We must not forget that in order to offer an exceptional customer experience, data is fundamental and that good data management is a factor that undoubtedly makes the difference. In today’s organizations, chatbots and AI are completely transforming the way companies interact with their customers. This is generating teamwork between robots and humans.
You may also be interested in Alliance between Humans and Robots: Contact Center solutions for collections
In this context, it is very interesting to see how AI is no longer a futuristic concept but a reality that is already here to revolutionize our lives.
If you want to go deeper into this topic, we invite you to download the following Infographic to see how AI-powered super-agents improve the customer experience.